2015 is coming to a close as we usher in 2016.
A new year to find out what artist or bands will make a splash in 2016.
Also, a new year for new albums we are dying to hear!
So I am going to make some wild guesses through Google, Twitter, Facebook and what not (Subject on the date of release may change).
Artist/Bands to look out for:
- BB Cream (Ottawa pop punk)
- Daniel Caesar (Toronto R&B)
- ELEL (Nashville, USA indie Pop with soul and good vibes )
- Essaie pas (Montreal electro-dance duo)
- Ginny (Ottawa psych-country featuring members of Bonnie Doon, Kristy Nease and Catriona Sturton)
- Lemon (Toronto Electro-R&B)
- Music Band (New York rock)
- KNOWAVE (Ottawa indie rock/punk featuring Adam Saikaley, members of The Acorn and Roberta Bondar)
- She-Devils (Montreal lo-fi pop rock)
- Tennyson (Canada electro-pop)
- Twist (Toronto lo-fi pop)
- Willow (Ottawa indie dream pop electronica)
Albums/EPs I’m dying to get/listen:
- Jim Bryson – Somewhere We Will Find Our Place out February 12, 2016
- Basia Bulat – Good Advice out February 12, 2016
- The Dirty Nil – Higher Power out on February 26, 2016
- Junior Boys – Big Black Coat out on February 5, 2016
- Hilotrons – TBA
- Last Lizard – TBA (I’m hoping either a EP or LP might be out in 2016)
- Animal Collective – Painting With out on February 19, 2016
- Reversing Falls – Reversing Falls 2 out on January 15, 2016
- Sarah Neufeld – The Ridge out on February 26, 2016
- Silkken Laumann – TBA
If you have any suggestions for part two, please comment on the bottom.