The Antlers album Hospice has been getting some positive buzz.
Thanks to Melody Lamb for recommending me this album and happy that I got it signed by the band members.
This is one most intriguing album of 2009.
Would have expected this album be like the typical indie alternative rock album.
But it isn’t, this album is very conceptual hence the album title.
Its listening to this person’s journey through hospital having to battle between life and death.
Parts of the album is very spacious and parts is very indie folk/rock.
Its like a mix of Sigur Ros [during their ( ) era with the long instrumentation], The Dodos *being on the same label Frenchkiss Records* and Patrick Watson.
The vocals of Peter Silberman is so haunting.
This has to be one of the best albums of 2009 and will be on people’s Top 10 list of 2009.
Two by The Antlers
Related articles by Zemanta
- Lollapalooza 2010: The Antlers (beatcrave.com)
- The Antlers’ Peter Silberman Covers Holly Miranda (hangout.altsounds.com)
- Van jams: The Antlers (timeoutny.com)
- The National & The Antlers played Radio City Music Hall (with help from Sufjan, Annie Clark & other friends) – pics & setlists (brooklynvegan.com)
- The Antlers cover Beach House (chromewaves.net)
- Live Video: The Antlers (kexp.org)