Attended my first WolfGANG Sessions at Mercury Lounge on January 16th.
If you aren’t familiar with this series, WolfGANG Sessions pushes classical music out of its comfort zone. The music mixes contemporary and indie classical with exciting collaborations between NAC Orchestra musicians.
The sessions is a collaboration with the venue and National Arts Centre and in partnership with the Arboretum Festival.
This was their 5th sessions and the pieces they performed were:
- Marjan Mozetich:Lament in the Trampled Garden for string quartet
- Elizabeth Raum: Arabesque for English horn and double bass
- Vivian Fung: Pizzicato (Movement III from String Quartet No. 1)
- Andrew Staniland: The Beauty of Reason for bass clarinet and harp (World premiere)
- Samy Moussa: Streichquartett for string quartet
I really enjoyed Pizzicato with the plucking of the strings.
Streichquartett which I really enjoyed which had that intense strings reminding me of Arcade Fire and Sigur Ros.
One of those amazing nights you have to check out!
Click below for more photos.