Last year was the first time that I did a “Best of” Remixes.
So why not do it again this year.
I am a sucker for songs being remixed and probably giving a bit of life to.
You may agree or disagree on this list.
Besides it might make you dance to it.
So here it is my Top 12 Remixes of 2012.
1. Florence + The Machine – Spectrum (Say My Name) [Calvin Harris Remix]
There might be moaning and groaning to why I picked this.
It was Florence’s first #1 single in the UK and this remix kicks it up a notch while the original was kind of slow.
I say this remix adds that club dancefloor feel when she just wails the part “SAY MY NAME!”.
2. fun. – We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monáe) [Alvin Risk Remix]
Never liked the original version.
But when I heard this remix, I was like “Wow!”
The only thing that is missing is Janelle’s vocal.
3. Data Romance – Caves (Phon.O Remix)
Love this remix.
Slow in the beginning but picks up later on and has this hard edge electro-trance feel to it.
Can’t wait for their full-length in 2013 and look out for them!
4. AlunaGeorge – Your Drums, Your Love (The Prototypes Remix Radio Edit)
Love this remix which has that D&B and I guess Dubstep feel to it.
Look out for them in 2013 and they are in BBC Sound of 2013!
5. Lana Del Rey – Blue Jeans (RAC Remix)
Love her or loathe her.
2012 was kind of her year. I know the song came out in 2011.
But the official dropping of the single was this year and came out with some remixes.
Who doesn’t love RAC‘s remix of this song?
6. Diamond Rings – Runaway Love (Stars Remix)/I’m Just Me (Jakob Lido Radio Edit)
OK I made a tie with these two remixes.
First off with Stars remix of Runaway Love.
Stars did a unique version of the song with adding Amy Millan vocals in it.
Second the Jakob Lido remix of I’m Just Me just made it into a scorching House-Trance dancefloor style.
7. Stars – The Theory Of Relativity (Diamond Rings Remix)
Stars and Diamond Rings were touring together in the fall.
So together both did a remix of their songs.
Diamond Ring’s remix added that 80s synth techno-electro dance feel to it.
Kind of miss old Stars when they went into that synth-electro pop sound.
8. Grimes – Be A Body (Baarsden Rework)
Had to put in Grimes in this list.
This remix was on a bonus disc from the Rough Trade version of Visions
Just love this remix.
9. Bravestation – Signs of the Civilized (Polarsets Remix)
A really cool remix from the Toronto band!
Summery dancefloor style!
10. Rhye – The Fall (Two Inch Punch’s Can’t You Stay Rework)
This remix gets me bumpin’ & grindin’.
11. Ellie Goulding – Anything Could Happen (Blood Diamonds Remix)
I really like this remix.
Fluffy and cute 😛
12. Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks (Passion Pit Remix)
Have to say one of the best songs of 2012.
Who knew the song would get remixed by Passion Pit!?