It was a guided tour of the 15 finalists shortlisted for the competition.
On October 17, a jury will select a winner and two runners up. The first-place prize is $25,000 followed by second and third place winners receiving $15,000.
The remaining 12 finalists each receive $2,500.
The top three paintings will take a permanent place in the RBC Corporate Art Collection.
The exhibit opens to the public on September 1 and runs until October 22, 2017.
The finalists of this year’s competition are:
- Michael Freeman Badour (Toronto, ON)
- Amanda Boulos (Toronto, ON)
- Teto Elsiddique (Halifax, NS)
- Cindy Ji Hye Kim (Toronto, ON)
- David Kaarsemaker (Gatineau, QC)
- Wei Li (Edmonton, AB)
- Laura Payne (Saskatoon, SK)
- Veronika Pausova (Toronto, ON)
- Laura Rokas-Bérubé (Lacolle, QC)
- Kizi Spielmann Rose (Gatineau, QC)
- Angela Teng (Vancouver, BC)
- Joani Tremblay (Montreal, QC)
- Tristan Unrau (Vancouver, BC)
- Ambera Wellmann (Guelph, ON) *WINNER*