2022 was the return of live music with pandemic restrictions lifted.
While there was some hiccups but it was a relieve for some that live music was back.
Here are my favourites:
1. Pop Montreal 2022.
After four years, I was finally back in Montreal to see what the festival will offer.
This is my top pick because of all the acts I saw most of them were Asian front musicians and bands.
From the likes of The Linda Lindas, Haru Nemuri, Tiger Balme, Kamikaze Nurse, Hua Li and many more.
Even legendary acts like Cymande, Ata Kak and Sister Nancy.
Debaser’s forward-thinking, artist-driven quarterly event series featuring eclectic musical, visual and multimedia artists event didn’t disappoint in 2022.
With the Spring having Sook-Yin Lee, Ah-Mer-Ah-Su and 2022 Polaris shortlisted Ouri wowing the audience.
Summer had the wildest acts from Dead Dog and Slash Need wide eying outside the Arts Court to indoor sets from Circuit Des Yeux, Eve Parker Finley and Joyfultalk.
3. Rich Aucoin at Club Saw. Rich has been hinting that the party atmosphere will be coming to an end in
2023 2025 or 2026, as always he puts on a fun show!
4. Sudan Archives at Bronson Centre.
5. Status/Non Status @ Club Saw
6. Rage Against the Machine @ 2022 RBC Ottawa Bluesfest
7. Boyhood @ Spark Beer
8. Basia Bulat at the NAC
9. Jean-Michel Blais @ NAC
10. Jane Inc @ Club Saw
11. Cimafunk @ Shenkman Arts Centre
12. Pup and Casper Skulls @ Bronson Centre
13. Leif Vollebekk @ Bronson Centre
14. Side by Side Weekend 2022
15. Living Hour @ Club Saw
16. Pony Girl @ Club Saw
17. Starwalker – A Tribute to Buffy Sainte-Murray at the National Arts Centre
18. Ombiigizi @ Club Saw
19. Metric & Bartees Strange @ NAC
20. Imagine Dragons @ Canadian Tire Centre