Here is part 2 of who I shall see at NXNE 2011.
This being Thursday June 16, 2011.
Things are starting to pick up that night.
Again I am too overwhelmed on who to see!
Live In Bellwoods – The Picnic Series 2011
- 4:30 Whale Tooth (Toronto) – www.myspace.com/whaletooth
- 4:00 Graham Wright & the Good Times Band (Toronto) – www.grahamwright.ca
- 3:30 Modern Superstitions (Toronto) – www.modernsuperstitions.com
- 3:00 Bellewoods (Toronto) – www.myspace.com/bellewoodsmusic
- 2:30 Zachary Lucky (Saskatoon) – http://zacharylucky.bandcamp.com/
- 2:00 International Zombies of Love (Toronto) – www.last.fm/music/International+Zombies+of+Love
- Snowblink at The Music Gallery
Hopefully I will try to catch their set but I have to go to a interview at around 7:30pm.
- Ruth Minnikin at Dakota Tavern
- Evening Hymns at The Music Gallery
- Gauntlet Hair at Phoenix Concert Theatre
I haven’t been to this venue but he might play new material from the new second album.
Hopefully he plays Dead Deer. Check out the video.
American band that I want to see live.
8:00 PM-8:40 PM
- Fucked Up at Yonge Dundas Square
I don’t know if I could see them without getting clobbered by moshers.
- Jennifer Castle at Wrongbar
- Brian Borcherdt at 918 Bathurst
- The Dodos at Phoenix Concert Theatre
- Forest City Lovers at The Music Gallery
- Spirits at Cameron House
- Peter Elkas at the Rivoli
- Chris Velan at Lee’s Palace
- The Luyas at The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern
I heard there is some buzz surrounding her. Think of a female version of Chad VanGaalen.
One member of Holy F**k and I haven’t seen his solo works yet.
It would be amazing to see them live again.
I really love them and hopefully I can hope to see them play at this venue which I have never been to.
Hipster-friendly synth-rock from Hamilton, just back from a tour of South Africa, they’ve shared the stage with The Pixies and The Ting Tings.
Since the new album has come, I am more familiarized with the tracks and I think it’s amazing they are playing at that venue.
- The Two Koreas at Velvet Underground
- Bobby Bazini at the Rivoli
- Greg MacPherson Gladstone Hotel Ballroom
- The Star Department at the Cameron House
- The Jon Cohen Experimental at Rancho Relaxo
Singer-songwriter from Mont-Laurier, north of Montréal, and began performing at 16.
His unique voice, tone and delivery – along with his songs – have drawn raves from Quebec reviewers.
There are only a handful of Canadians writing songs as powerful as Greg MacPherson.
Few of them are under the age of 50 and fewer still are able to offer performances as artistically charged as their writing.
Orchestral pop recalling Grizzly Bear or Bacharach with an emotive quality rare among their peers.
- Imaginary Cities at the Rivoli
- Doldrums at Sneaky Dee’s
- Parks & Rec at Rancho Relaxo
- PS I Love You at The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern
- The Details at Gladstone Hotel Ballroom
- Allie Hughes at Wrongbar
- OPOPO at El Mocambo (Upstairs)
- Little Girls at The Great Hall
- Kevin Seconds at Lee’s Palace
- Slow down, Molasses at the Dakota Tavern
- Gavin Gardiner (The Wooden Sky) at 918 Bathurst
12AM (This is going to be a tough decision between Tape Deck Mountain and Suuns)
- Lake Forest (Will Whitwham of The Wilderness of Manitoba) at 918 Bathurst
- Tape Deck Mountain at the El Mocambo (Main Floor)
- Ketch Harbour Wolves at The Painted Lady
- METZ at Sneaky Dee’s
- Suuns at The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern
- Bravestation at The Boat
- Bruce Peninsula at the Rivoli
- No Joy at The Legendary Horseshoe Tavern
- Dirty Beaches at Silver Dollar Room (Definitely going to be at this show)
- Lower Dens at Lee’s Palace
- DD/MM/YYYY sy Sneaky Dee’s
- The Treasures at Dakota Tavern
- The Strumbellas at Bread and Circus
- Gauntlet Hair at the El Mocambo (Main Floor)
- Fucked Up at Wrongbar
- Sports at Silver Dollar Room
- Light Fires at Wrongbar
- Special Guest at El Mocambo (Main Floor)
This is going to be some night.
Don’t forget to say hi too.