UPDATE: CLICK HERE!!!!
Everyone is going to be Twittering or blogging about this year’s Polaris Music Prize Shortlist.
Well six of my predictions made it on the official shortlist.
Here are the shortlist nominees.
- The Besnard Lakes – The Besnard Lakes Are The Roaring Night*
- Broken Social Scene – Forgiveness Rock Record (Review of the album)
- Caribou – Swim (Review of the album)*
- Karkwa – Les Chemins De Verre*
- Dan Mangan – Nice, Nice, Very Nice (Review of the album)*
- Owen Pallett – Heartland (Review of the album)*
- Radio Radio – Belmundo Regal
- The Sadies – Darker Circles
- Shad – TSOL*
- Tegan and Sara – Sainthood
*Predictions from last post.
This will be early but I want Shad to win it this year.
If not it will definitely be Dan Mangan or The Besnard Lakes.
Underdog in my opinion will be Radio Radio or The Sadies.
I didn’t put Broken Social Scene on my prediction list but I knew they were going to be on it.
I was surprised that Tegan and Sara made it on the list. Have not heard Sainthood yet but I feel they don’t really need the money since they are already rich enough.
So what is your reaction to this?